two+one

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Billy Don't Be a Hero!

We didn't get to grab The Bag and speed off, like in the movies. In an anti-climatic fashion, I went for a routine check-up on Thursday 11th Oct and the gynae suggested that labour be induced as the amniotic fluid looked a tad murky. So I was admitted into Thomson Medical Centre and on Friday 12th Oct, Isaac opened his tiny eyes for his first glimpse into our world.

If the words "Billy, don't be a hero" never made any sense before, they certainly do now. Labour pains lived up to my expectations and I promptly asked for the much-lauded epidural 1/3 into the 9 hour journey. Shivering, vomiting, & pushing, I kept a watchful eye on the clock and told myself it was all worth it. Dad-to-be-Ben pottered around with the camera taking pics of me at my most unglamorous, as well as that of medical equipment. (Don't ask me why?)

I was happiest when the stirrups appeared and I knew I would see my baby soon.

And we love him so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home